What do you think of the new 3COM cards with X-Jack ?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Sep 14 10:44:02 PDT 2003

In message: <20030914120125.X27896 at sasami.jurai.net>
            "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter at jurai.net> writes:
: During the attach I did notice a diagnostic message that I hadn't given
: much thought to previously:
:
: cardbus1: Resource not specified in CIS: id=14, size=80
: cardbus1: Resource not specified in CIS: id=18, size=80

The short answer is "you can ignore these".  The longer answer is that
it is unclear what to do with resources not in the CIS.  The
pedantically correct thing to do is to not allow the driver to
allocate that resource.  This might have been sufficient in the xl
case, but I did this at one time and found that bad things happened.
however, that was before scott's fixes to the cis parsing and maybe we
can do it now.

Warner