What do you think of the new 3COM cards with X-Jack ?

Kirill Bezzubets kirill at solaris.ru
Tue Sep 9 13:41:12 PDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 09:28:01PM +0200, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 07:51:58PM +0100, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 08:09:47PM +0200, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> > > 	3Com 3CXFE575CT
> So 2 cards one over the other won't work or am I wrong ?

Actually, I've tried only 2x3C589, without X-Jacks, but this
configuration works well under 5.X-X....

Although, I have had some porblems under 4.X (can't remeber for sure).

> Another thing, do you think that this X-Jack construction is
> stable enough ???

Well, I have had at least 3 modems with X-Jack and I found this
feature pretty cool without any complains about stability of hardware
(I mean X-Jack, of course).

So far, I would like to have Ethernet PCCard with X-Jack too,
but never found one which doesn't conflict with modem. That was a problem
for me till I got USB Bluetooth ^_^. So now I just left things as is.

After all, X-Jack is very good, if you don't have to plug two same cards
in the same time.

--
BR,
Kirill Bezzubets                                CASE-RIPE CASE-RIPN
CTO / Head Of N.O.C.                            mailto:kirill at solaris.ru
Solaris ISP & Telecommunications Co. Ltd        http://www.solaris.ru