atheros adhoc mode

David Cornejo dave at dogwood.com
Sun Sep 7 15:08:41 PDT 2003

Hi,

We're evaluating the Soekris 4801 and a 5212 based mini-PCI radio - It
works well enough in infrastructure mode, but I'm having problems with adhoc.

When the radio is operating in adhoc mode, I see multicast traffic, but no
unicast traffic.  However, if I run tcpdump on the ath interface I get
sporadic traffic.

It's possible I'm still misconfigured, but the fact that putting the
interface into promiscuous mode changes the behavior of the interface kinda
points elsewhere.  We have this application running fine on 4521s with both
an & wi radios.

Is this a known problem?

thanks,
dave c