Another ThinkPad R40 setup

James Earl jdearl at telus.net
Sun Sep 7 12:11:14 PDT 2003

On 09/07/03 05:00:17, Tobias Roth wrote:
> adjusting the bios settings for the irq is the way to go, not just
> disabling devices. if your R40 is anything like my T30, the settings
> you will find here (in my comment to Kevins entry for the T30) will
> help you use all devices at the same time.
>
>   http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/
>
> i already mentioned thise a few times on mobile/current.
>
> good luck, t.

Thanks for the help.  "5,9,10,11,11,9,10,11" didn't work for me,
however, you did inspire me to play with the bios settings!

Here's what I found when I individually changed the values in the BIOS
setup:

BIOS	FREEBSD BOOT MESSAGE
----	--------------------
INTA	Slot 29 INTA
INTB	Slot 31 INTB
	Slot 31 INTB
	Slot 31 INTB
INTC	Slot 29 INTC
INTD	Slot 29 INTB
INTE	?
INTF	?
INTG	?
INTH	Slot 29 INTD

Now, while I have no clue what that means :), I was able to find out
that if I changed either INTD or INTE in the BIOS setup, the fxp0
device worked and the device timeouts were gone.

So my setup right now is: 11,11,11,10,11,11,11,11

Now to setup APM ...