Touchpad Under X

Roger Crawford rogerc at turbonet.com
Fri Sep 5 22:51:55 PDT 2003

I don't know how to fix my touchpad under X 4.2.1. System is a Chicony
MP-975D laptop, C&T 65550 card, 13" DSTN display, OpenBSD 3.3.

X is configured. The keyboard seems okay, as does the display. I can only
generate the GUI logon screen. I have a mouse cursor but it jumps around
all over the place whenever I use the touchpad or an external mouse.

However when I run xf86cfg, the mouse does work correctly (the display
looks terrible though). I'm confused. I guess I should be playing with the
mouse devices and protocols in xf86cfg...

I read one message which recommended turning off the touchpad in the BIOS.
I looked but my BIOS does not have an option like that. Any help is
appreciated.