[4.5-R]Problems Uploading via FTP, etc.

Sten Daniel Sørsdal sten.daniel.sorsdal at wan.no
Fri Sep 5 02:52:51 PDT 2003

> >     For example, today I logged into the router and tried
> to upload a
> > couple of files to my ISP's Windows NT FTP server, using
> the stock FTP
> > client.  The initial file (a < 1K text file) was there in
> no time, however
> > the 2nd file (57KB) stalled after transferring the 1st 10KB
> of the file.
> > This behavior is reproducible, bec it happens every time w/ any file
> > that's approx > 10KB.  Below are the only network-related
> customizations

this smells of an oversized packet like problem, in my experience
those 10kb is just what the ftp program has told the OS to send
probably all it really has sent is one 1500bytes packet.

Ping -f -l 1472 <isps.nt.server>  (from a windows box)

If you get "Packet needs to fragmented" or no reply at all, that
might verify the problem.

// sten