Infrared support

Vince Hoffman vince.hoffman at uk.circle.com
Fri Oct 24 06:49:25 PDT 2003

Hi all,

        I actualy asked on freebsd-questions previously but got no answers so i though i'd try here.

I Have a Toshiba Tecra happily running 4.8-RELEASE, (cant get 5.x running but thats another issue) and i would like to use my mobile phone (nokia 7110) as a modem, i can do this happily on win2k (i dual boot,) but would like to get it going for FreeBSD also.
    By googling around a bit i gather i needed to install birda, which i did, but i'm now stuck as it seems rather short on documentation.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get my laptop and phone working ?

Thanks
Vince