an0:device timeout on nic card

Keith Davis daviskacer at comcast.net
Mon Oct 13 00:12:19 PDT 2003

If I start my kernel with ACPI enabled, when I put my Xircom CWE1130
into the cardbus slot, and do an ifconfig an0 ssid MYSSID. My card wakes
up and I get both activity light and status light. My router shows that
the card has initialized and is on the wireless network, however, I also
get the following message:

	an0: device timeout
	an0: discard frme w/o leading Ethernet header (len 12 pkt len
12)

and dhclient -v an0 doesn't pick up an Ethernet address. I am wondering
if there is a workaround or something that I need to do in order for
dhclient to pick up an Ethernet address.

However, If I start my kernel with ACPI disabled, the card works fine. I
think something with acpi or apic is causing my nic to go bonkers, but
I'm not quite sure what. I would really appreciate some help with this
matter, or if someone could look into this. I would be more than happy
to supply you with any addtl information you might need.

Keith