Cannot see second AP in my house

Sgt B sgt_b2002 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 08:45:39 PDT 2003

Running dstumbler only picks up one of the two AP's I have in the house. If I run netstumbler from my windows machine, I see both immediately.
I'm pretty sure that this has to do with the SSID that my freebsd laptop grabs. Once its associated with that AP, it won't look for other ones correct?
How can I put it into a promiscuous mode or something of that sort, so it sniffs, and does not associate itself with the first SSID it sees?
I've turned on promisc mode via ifconfig, but that didn't work.
wicontrol shows "Current netname" as one of my AP's, and that is the only AP I see when running 'dstumbler wi0 -s'.

Running 5.1 Current
Wlan card is a Linksys WPC11 version 3
AP's are both Linksys as well.

Any ideas?