Dell D800 ACPI Issues

Mike Hunter mhunter at ack.Berkeley.EDU
Sun Oct 5 12:51:12 PDT 2003

Greetings ACPI list,

I am trying to get acpi to work better on my Dell D800.  I see the
following warning message when I boot:

        -0166: *** Error: UtAllocate: Attempt to allocate zero bytes
        -0166: *** Error: UtAllocate: Attempt to allocate zero bytes
        -0166: *** Error: UtAllocate: Attempt to allocate zero bytes
        -0166: *** Error: UtAllocate: Attempt to allocate zero bytes

It repeats that quite a bit.

I have flashed my bios up to A3 (the latest as of a month ago).

I have placed acpidump and acpidump -d here:

http://www.lusars.net/~mhunter/acpi.out
http://www.lusars.net/~mhunter/acpi.out.txt

I will follow-up this post with some results of acpiconf...but I want to
send this first because I seem to remember that it makes my computer crash
:)

My sources are from Sep. 29 (5.1-CURRENT)

Thanks for your help,

Mike Hunter