Xircom Credit Card Ethernet CEM56-100 : xe

Scott Mitchell scott+freebsd at fishballoon.org
Sat Oct 4 03:27:49 PDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 05:46:16PM +0200, Shahab Sanjari wrote:

> Surprisingly, each time, I insert the card into the running system I get
> the following message:
>
> xe0: <Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56> at port 0x2
> e8-0x2ef irq 11 function 0 config 39 on pccard0
> device_probe_and_attach: xe0 attach returned 19

Hmmm, 19 = ENODEV which I guess means the driver can't figure out what kind
of card it is, or that it can't do the funky extra port mapping to enable
the Ethernet function.  There's definitely nothing else printed out when
you plug the card in?

Could you try the updated code I posted to -mobile about 10 minutes ago?
No guarantees it will make any difference - this looks like a problem
between if_xe and NEWCARD, but as my test machine only groks OLDCARD I'm
not certain that the probe & attach stuff works properly in the NEWCARD
world.

Cheers,

	Scott