Zoom Modem FreeBSD 5.1

Paul Merchlewicz bjlpcm at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 1 19:21:45 PDT 2003

Hi,

I just installed FreeBSD on my Inspiron 7000 laptop and I noticed that when my
Zoom 2975L modem is inserted I get a kernel panic (with the stock generic
kernel).  This happens when I insert it and then boot or when I insert it
after booting is complete.  I have also recently found that if I do a warm
boot from my Windows session, FreeBSD can correctly detect and configure the
modem and not have a kernel panic.  I guess I was wondering if there was some
way to have FreeBSD detect the card without having to first boot windows.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul