Latitude D800

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Sun Nov 30 20:19:48 PST 2003

>> -CURRENT on your workstation says "I use this shit" ... :)
Randy> after throwing three days into -current to get athelon support
Randy> for my t40, i found it did not really work.  so, imiho, current
Randy> says you have too much free time on your hands.  isn't that why
Randy> it's called freebsd?

I dunno.  I've had a relatively sane trip on -CURRENT for some time.
There have been rockier periods... but the amount of time that I'm
out-of-commission due to -CURRENT has been very small... and usually
fixed by an overnight rebuild or somesuch.

... but -CURRENT is, as they say, for the developers.  I'm not sure of
the benifit for non-developers to be at -CURRENT.

I do maintain a few other peoples machines at varying stages of
-CURRENT.  I find it helpful to have a machine to test an update on
first.  One small flaw in cvsup is that you can't specify a timestamp
to sync the files to.  That would make things more sane.

Dave.