freebsd-mobile Digest, Vol 36, Issue 4

WiggTekMicro Corp wiggtekmicro at comcast.net
Sat Nov 29 00:41:57 PST 2003

Does anyone know how or where to get a web browser that actually lets
you view the web, when it has been written using one of the updated
media formats.  I have been trying to find one for a month now,
of-and-on, but nothing seems to work.  I have 4.9 on my lifebook.  That
has a bit less to do with it, than the fact that there is virtually no
support for this operating system.  I just want to read websites that
use jave-javascript-macromedia-flash-etc.... Why is it so difficult for
BSD to allow the use of the operating system for simple things.  On the
freeBSDmall box, the first thing you see is a comment about "serious web
users"  what is the deal??  I am not even a serious web user and I am
seeing the limitations of using the web, unless I wanted to build a
super-clustering-calculating-for-nothing-other-than-the-fact-that-the-OS-can project.

Please, someone, give me a clue, because after a month of this, I am
wondering how a company like yahoo.com can using this operating system,
when it can barely show the content on its own site...
--
Respectfully,

Martes G.W.
Wiggtekmicro Corp.