Latitude D800

Jamie Bowden ragnar at sysabend.org
Wed Nov 26 04:08:49 PST 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, David Gilbert wrote:

>> "Jamie" == Jamie Bowden <ragnar at sysabend.org> writes:

>> I was planning on just adding the PCI ID to the driver and recompiling
>> the kernel, but before I did this, I just wanted to know if anyone else
>> has done this and if they were successful.

>> If no one else has done this yet, and I do this and it works, where's
>> the best place to submit the PCI ID so it gets included into the driver
>> for future generations?

> 2 things:

> 1) upgrade to current (bge supports your card ... and it's not 100%
> trivial)

> 2) join dell-d800 at eicat.ca ... we've been working on the problems.

I see that 5.2 is now in beta; I guess I'll be beta testing assuming I can
download an ISO image.  This thing has a floppy module, but it's USB
apparently and I can't seem to get it to boot from a floppy.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"