SPAM!!

Andreas Kohn andreas.kohn at gmx.net
Sat Nov 22 16:29:24 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 00:56, Thomas Repantis wrote:
> Can't this archiving take place in a more intelligent manner?  For example
> using "user host.org", instead of "user at host.org", "user[at]host.org" or
> (Goddess forbid!) user at host.org.

What would that change? It would just be another form of saying
"user at host.org" without saying "user at host.org".

> I think it's embarrassing the fact that in the official archives one can see
> the last of the forementioned options!
>
> If you think this is a reasonable idea, whom should we contact?  The mailman
> authors, the freebsd.org webmaster, someone else?
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas

If this really is such a problem, I would suggest mailing the mailman
authors, and trying to get the FreeBSD.org's mailman updated afterwards.

But I don't think that this would help stopping spam. More than one
archive exists(which is good, because google finds answers better :) ).
Personally I think using some sort of spam filters should work quite
well. With only the filters of GMX FreeMail I am able to filter out most
spam, with more customized filters it should be possible to have a
largely spam-free mail experience.

Regards,
--
Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn at gmx.net>