Thinkpad T40 experience

Lukas Ertl l.ertl at univie.ac.at
Sat Nov 15 14:22:26 PST 2003

You can find it at <http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/thinkpadt40/KORBEN>.

> > Suprisingly, ACPI also works fine, even S3 suspend does what it should do.
>
> Even S1-S2? On my system, only S3-S5 is supported.

No, my system has no S1 or S2 support, but I don't care about these.

> USB dies on my system too, but a resume also has the effect that the system is
> behaving like it's under tremedous load. Typing characters at the console
> feels like I'm ssh:ing over a variable-speed modem :) This makes
> suspend/resume unusable. Did you have to do anything in order for
> suspend/resume to work completely?

Not really.  As I said, I modified my DSDT, but only as far as make it
compile cleanly with iasl.

regards,
le

Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl at univie.ac.at
UNIX Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Vienna University Computer Center      Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
University of Vienna                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/