freebsd-mobile Digest, Vol 34, Issue 1

Martes G. W. wiggtekmicro at comcast.net
Tue Nov 11 12:48:33 PST 2003

Hello All.

Does anyone know how the applications are supposed to be accessed on
BSD?  While using KDE I am able to access quite a few applications, but
the desktop is quite complex, and I decided to try gnome2.4, to see if I
could access the linux compatible stuff.  It seems to me that the only
office/application stuff is the kde propriatary-ish apps.  Nothing else
seems to be locatable.  I have the compat stuff installed, so how am I
supposed to be able to access the other applications, since they don't
seem to be available for FreeBSD itself. I really would like to use
openoffice.org 1.1 or anything other than the kde stuff.

I would appreciate at least one response this time, if you guys would
not mind....

Thanks again.