d-link background info

d.wylie at hccnet.nl d.wylie at hccnet.nl
Fri Nov 7 06:45:49 PST 2003

Hi list.

Googleling around I ran inot this link which I thought could be of interest to you. I was doubtfull if I should send this mail because I don't want to put to much useless stuff in your mail box, but it could very well be that the link may, for example, help driver development.
So at the risk of being 'boo-ed' if it proves useless, I give you the following:

http://www.d-link.co.za/products2do/product_announcement.htm

If, like me,you're looking around, trying to figure out wich WLAN G-pccard to get, give it a look.
I, for example, didn't yet know the G650+ card uses a TI chip, where-as the G650 and the AG650 use the atheros chip.
Or, a quote from the link: "TI is going to phase out their current chipset ACX100 and replace it with TWNET1100B for better performance"

Hope it prooves usefull...

grtz.
Dylan