Xircom RealPort Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56

Scott Mitchell scott+freebsd at fishballoon.org
Sun Nov 2 04:00:35 PST 2003

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 11:27:48AM +0100, martchouk at belaruz.com wrote:
> Now I decided to buy a PC-Card modem.
> Xircom RealPort™ Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56 would fit.
> On 5.1 hardware notes page I can found info only about 'Xircom CreditCard adapters' and  RealPort+modem(Ethernet part) .
> I'm newbie with hardware+freebsd.
> Has anybody experiences with this PC-Card?

I don't actually have a REM56, but the modem parts of my older Xircom combo
cards do work.  You shouldn't have any problems with the modem, but note
that you probably won't be able to get the modem and Ethernet parts of the
card working at the same time.

If you're planning on using the Ethernet function of the card as well, you
might want to upgrade to -CURRENT (or wait for 5.2).  The xe driver had a
major upgrade recently and now behaves a lot better than it did in 5.1.

Cheers,

	Scott