apm/acpi on fujitsu siemens amilo A

Roman Kennke roman.kennke at cognition.uni-freiburg.de
Fri May 30 10:58:49 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I am running FreeBD 5.0-Release on a Fujitsu Amilo A
Notebook. Unfortunately the suspend/resume does not seem to
work correctly.
I can suspend the notebook with apm -z or acpiconf -s 3,
but cannot resume.

acpiconf -s 4 (hibernate) did not work, although I have
created and formatted a hibernate partition. -s 1 and -s 2
showed no effect (what are they supposed to do?)

I think the acpi driver is loaded by default. Will I go
better with the apm driver? If yes, how can I enable it?
Uncommenting hint.apm.0.disabled="1" shows no effect. Even
if the ACPI driver is not loaded.

Is suspending/resuming a BIOS or OS issue? Is there any
chance that I can get this to work? It is really annoying
to always shutdown and boot the maching, especially if I am
in a train.

Best regards, Roman