RBEM10/100+56k at 32-bit cardBus

Michal Mertl mime at traveller.cz
Fri May 30 00:54:59 PDT 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Victor Bratsev wrote:

descriptions at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL

> Can anybody help me to solve this -
> I've got RBEM10/100+56k PCMCIA card and I can't get it work.
> Because my cardBus - it's 32-bit, and driver is 16-bit.
> I've got a message at startup pcmcia: 32-bit cardbus is unsupported
> and as result if_xe.ko is unloaded with strange fhdjklsah - if I try to
> kldload if_xe it says that it can't load module because it is already
> loaded, but kldstat says that there is NO if_xe loaded.
> FreeBSD is RELEASE-4.7 with custom kernel with device xe included.

This really is cardbus card; these aren't supported under 4.x. I recommend
you to install 5.1 when it's available. It supports cardbus and the card
including the modem.

This question was asked lots of times. Consider first searching through
mailinglists archives on
http://www.freebsd.org/search/search.html#mailinglists next time you've
got problem.

--