Orinoco/watchdog timeout - IDE IRQ?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon May 26 22:13:01 PDT 2003

In message: <3ED2ED57.9040203 at earthlink.net>
            Oliver Oberdorf <oberdorf at earthlink.net> writes:
: The -i switch to pccardd also had no effect, I assume this is why?  Is
: there any way I can specify the interrupt for the CB bridge?

Not really.  We share interrupts when we have a cardbus bridge.
Sharing generally works.

However, you can use ISA interrupts.  See the oldcard man page for
details:
     hw.pcic.intr_path
             Should PCI pcic devices route interrupts via ISA or PCI.  A value
             of 1 means route via ISA.  A value of 2 means route via PCI.
             This is ignored for the ISA device.  Many older laptops do not
             have PCI BIOS implementations that FreeBSD can use to route
             interrupts properly.  These laptops may need to set this to 1 and
             hw.pcic.irq to a value (or 0 for polling).  The default is 2.

: I'm assuming this means that I can't fix the collision and FreeBSD in
: it's current form won't support my hardware.  If I'm missing something
: obvious, let me know :)

You are missing something.  First, interrupts can be shared.  Second,
if you have issues with PCI interrupts, you can route via ISA
interrupts.

Warner