pccard CIS reading problems

Stuart Walsh stu at ipng.org.uk
Mon May 26 09:54:25 PDT 2003

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 09:54:50AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <20030525113321.GC6978 at dangermouse.pod4.org>
>             Stuart Walsh <stu at ipng.org.uk> writes:
> : Can anyone shed any light on this or point me in a direction to go from
> : here?
>
> This is a bug I've seen with certain card/bridge combinations.  I've
> never been able to find why we can't read things correctly.  Can you
> find out the address FreeBSD is using to read the CIS and the address
> that NetBSD is using and report the differences?
>
> Warner

Hi,

NetBSD maps to 0xcb166000, and if I poke about at around that address I
can read interesting things like the string "ATMEL" so that seems to be
where the CIS is.

FreeBSD reports that it is mapping to 0xc91cc000.  If I poke around at
this address all I get is zeros and the odd random integer.

Regards,

Stuart
Stuart Walsh - stu at ipng.org.uk
IPng UK      - info at ipng.org.uk - http://ipng.org.uk