ACPI working much better on IBM T30

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu May 22 15:41:07 PDT 2003

> Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 00:13:03 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Lukas Ertl <l.ertl at univie.ac.at>
>
> On Thu, 22 May 2003, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>
> > I see that IBM released new firmware for the T30 on April 2, 2003, but
> > has not released new firmware for the T20 since Dec, 1999! Thee is
>
> No, the latest BIOS I got was from April 30, 2003, see
> <http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=3DMIGR-4MNN8X=
> >.
>
> Or do you mean something else?

A closer look at the page I was using shows a release date of
30 APR 2003 with a BIOS date of 21 Dec 1999??? Guess I was just looking
at the BIOS date.

I'm really sorry to hear that it didn't work. How badly does it fail? I
do get a number of ACPI errors at boot time, but most don't seem too
critical. I can see the battery condition and it reports the temperature
for a single thermal zone (currently 29.32). Powers off properly, but
does seem to suspend.

I do wish APM was still available for me!

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)