Centrino Laptop (Acer 800Cli) and 5.1

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon May 19 16:47:06 PDT 2003

In message: <000601c31e56$97d16890$4bc8a8c0 at orac>
            "Duncan Barclay" <dmlb at dmlb.org> writes:
: Well, I've got 5.1-BETA booting and building kernels! The culprit...
: cardbus. I'll get you a dmesg output from succesful and un-succesful boots.
: The laptop is standard apart from there being a fixed Smart card reader
: instead of two slots.

OK.  Next group of debugging:

1) PCIBIOS or ACPI to route pci interrupts?
2) One slot or two (it wasn't clear to me)
3) Same interrupt for both slots, or different interrupts?
4) What is the bridge chipset for cardbus?

Based on your answers, we go to the next level.

Warner