Centrino Laptop (Acer 800Cli) and 5.1

Duncan Barclay dmlb at dmlb.org
Mon May 19 05:49:57 PDT 2003

From: "Duncan Barclay" <dmlb at dmlb.org>

> On 18-May-2003 M. Warner Losh wrote:
> > In message: <XFMail.20030516003100.dmlb at dmlb.org>
> >             Duncan Barclay <dmlb at dmlb.org> writes:
> >: I'm looking for suggestions on how to debug 5.1 to get a bit further in
the
> >: boot cycle!
> >
> > From the acpi man page:
>
> Thanks Warner. I will try these. Earlier today I managed to work out that
> the kernel gets to execing init from init_main:start_init()
> but goes into a loop in fork_trampoline. I'm going to do some poking
around
> tonight. This is all after disabling acpi.
>
> Duncan

Futher update.

Kernel threads are started and seem to be running (you can break to the
debugger), but init is
not actually launched.

The machine is busy waiting somewhere (evidenced by the fan coming on). Is
there some flag I can turn on to tell me what locks are being taken
released - it may be something in another sub-system.

Duncan