Weird as* sound problem

Remington L. madriax at garlic.com
Sun May 18 19:52:18 PDT 2003

Well disabling ACPI is an option but im waiting until 5.1, as it stands with
5.0 I go into kernel panic on disable. Unfortunetly my skill level is not up
to par with yours so I'm afraid it would be hard to pass on information. I
have tried ogle though on my machine, I am getting the same problem.

BUT I have done alittle testing. As you know I have to move my mouse
constantly in order to hear sound. I found another the thing I can do that
does it.  If I ping flood(ping -i 0 -s 4 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) another machine my
sound works, but only on another machine, not if I do it to myself or
loopback.

The question now is what do moving my mouse and ping flooding have in common