USB wireless network adapters

Cliff L. Biffle cbiffle at safety.net
Sat May 17 09:13:21 PDT 2003

On Saturday 17 May 2003 07:07 am, Jilles Tjoelker wrote:
> The first thing I tried was a cardbus pccard from Sitecom, which uses
> the Prism2.5 chipset and should be supported by the wi(4) driver.
> However, I'm having trouble with pccard - FreeBSD says my pcic is
> "16-bit", and the card works under neither OS.

Unfortunately, 32-bit PCMCIA support -- that is, Cardbus -- isn't available
until 5.0.  I have little experience with the USB adapters, but you do have
other options, namely finding a 16-bit wireless card.  Most of the Orinoco
cards I've come across have been 16-bit.

Not quite an ideal solution, but it works for me.

-Cliff L. Biffle