Nokia D211

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat May 17 08:41:42 PDT 2003

In message: <Pine.BSF.4.50.0305171617230.29742-100000 at sec.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
            Vaclav Petricek <vaclav.petricek at mff.cuni.cz> writes:
: Part of the linux driver for Nokia D211 (wlan+gprs+gsm PCMCIA card) comes
: in binary form only with a license prohibiting reverse engineering.

Yes.

: Is there a chance it will be supported by FreeBSD in the near future?
: Are we dependend on nokia to disclose their source or would it be possible
: to get at least some of the card functionality using standard drivers? Is
: it likely nokia would provide the sources or a *BSD driver?

I've been working on a driver for a while that would wrap the Linux
driver.  It has been slow going and might not be possible in the end.
I've a skeleton driver, but it gives nothing but panics when I try to
use it and it gets into the binary gooball :-(  Maybe if I can find a
few days to concentrate on it I could make more progress.

Warner