toshiba tecra 8000 and lucent modem

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Sat May 10 08:43:10 PDT 2003

On Sat, 10 May 2003, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On Sat, 10 May 2003 03:01, Bernie Doehner wrote:
> > I have a Tecra 8100 (which I understand is quite similar to the 8000),
> > that I have been fighting with to get the internal modem working.
> >
> > Running 4.6.2-RELEASE.  First I tried version 1.4_3 of the ltmdm port and
> > nothing happened when I ran the installed /usr/local/etc/ltmdm.sh start
> > script.

On the Tecra 8000, the built-in modem is apparently attached as an ISA
device, and the ltmdm code in the port doesn't detect it.  A few months
back, WATANABE Kiyoshi and I corresponded about this, and he provided an
alpha release of a new version that detected the modem and worked.
That code may not have made its way into the port yet.  (I've added his
address to this message.)

The modem in the 8100 may also be different from the 8000, at least in
the connection details.

Since it's not mine to release, I can't provide the patches.  However, I
can provide the configuration data that works with my Tecra 8000 modem:

In /usr/local/etc/ltmdm/ltmdm.conf:

hw.ltmdm.enable_isa_nonpnp=1
hw.ltmdm.irq=3
hw.ltmdm.com_addr=0x2f8