card bus on 5.0

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed May 7 09:25:04 PDT 2003

In message: <3EB93156.7020908 at vagner.com>
            Laszlo Vagner <george at vagner.com> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: >In message: <3EB919A5.6050209 at vagner.com>
: >            Laszlo Vagner <george at vagner.com> writes:
: >: fresh install of 5.0-R onto a thinkpad 760xd (old)
: >:
: >: my pcmcia network card doesn't work cause
: >:
: >: cbb0 TI1130 pci card bus bridge
: >: card bus0 <cardbus> on cbb0
: >: pccard0 <16 bit pc card bus> on cbb0
: >: cbb unable to map irq
: >: device probe and attach  cbb0 attach returned 12
: >:
: >:
: >: suggestions please
: >:
: >: everything was working in 4.8 with the exception of being able to reboot
: >: now i can reboot in 5.0  but have no cardbus function.
: >
: >Looks like it can't route interrupts.  Can you send me a dmesg from a
: >boot -v?
: >
: >Warner
: >
: >
: >
: >
: wish i could, it dont have the floppy or cdburner and the network card
: of course dont work
: without card bus. Its basically a brick just sitting here now.

Well, you could do the following:

Build an OLDCARD kernel.  Boot it until you get it working (may need
ISA interrupts).  then you can test boot the GENERIC kernels until you
get the information I've requested.

Warner