cardbus on toshiba satellite

Mike B chops at cinci.rr.com
Tue May 6 13:05:49 PDT 2003

Hi, I'm having trouble getting pcmcia to work on my toshiba satellite
1905-s301 with Freebsd 5.0. In my kernel I have this

#device         cbb                     # cardbus (yenta) bridge
#device         pcic                    # ExCA ISA and PCI bridges
device          pccard                  # PC Card (16-bit) bus
device          cardbus                 # CardBus (32-bit) bus

if I enable cbb then I get a torrent of messages outputted to the
console that look like

cbb #

where # is either 1 or 2. These messages stream as fast as the eye can see.

Also, if I don't compile cbb in the kernel and then do 'kldload cbb' I
have the same problem. If I have cbb enabled and insert a pcmcia card of
any kind, it instantly locks the system up. Does anybody have any
suggestions as to what the problem may be. Thanks in advance,

Mike B
chops at cinci.rr.com