ideal laptop recommendations?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon May 5 22:27:40 PDT 2003

In message: <20030505233428.DC5565D04 at ptavv.es.net>
            "Kevin Oberman" <oberman at es.net> writes:
: > > 7. Ahh, a heavy-weight. Look at resolution. You can get 1600x1200 at 15
: > > inches from a few vendors. These will always look better than
: > > 1400x1050. (Cost more, too!)
: >
: > I don't particularly care about res. I think 1600x1200 is too much
: > for a 15" screen. 1400x1050 is more than enough.
:
: I have a friend who has the 1600x1200 and I an assure you that it's not
: too much. Fonts look much cleaner and it is amazingly readable, even to
: my 50 year old eyes, with rather small fonts. I don't envy the weight,
: but I LOVE the display.

<AOL>
Me Too
</aol>

I *LOVE* the 1600x1200 resolution.  However, I gotta get new batteries
because in the last 20 months I've nearly worn out the ones I have...
I also agree with the weight issues.  My next laptop likely will be
something like the Libretto L3

Warner