Dell Inspiron 8200 & ACPI-0293 [was Re: Dell 4150 & ACPI-0293: *** Warning: Buffer created with zero length in AML]

Vincent Poy vince at oahu.WURLDLINK.NET
Wed Jun 25 03:18:47 PDT 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Stijn Hoop wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 11:59:52PM -1000, Vincent Poy wrote:
> > 	It works now, someone complained about ACPI not working correctly
> > with Linux on the Dell Support Forums and then Dell said they don't
> > support Linux so I was going to put your URL that actually tells exactly
> > what is broken with ACPI...  The URL for the thread is:
> >
> > http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=insp_bios&message.id=19110
>
> Great. I didn't even know they had forums (then again I usually use the
> Europe support site).

	Yeah, someone started the thread a week or so ago but they said
that the issue happens in Linux and also Windows but they can't prove it
happens in Windows or what the problem is exactly then when I got my new
HD to replace the one that crashed, I saw your link just in time and
thanks to your site and the patch, this is the first time I can run
FreeBSD -CURRENT in the last 9 months with the lid closed and the screen
off without suspending.

> > 	I think that the Dell FreeBSD users all should post something over
> > there so that they'll fix the problem.
>
> Done.

Cheers,
Vince - vince at WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1 at IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin