Wich laptop to get?

Erik Paulsen Skaalerud erik at pentadon.com
Tue Jun 24 14:54:41 PDT 2003

I know, this probably has been asked a million times before, but I thought I
should ask this because of the acpi, or, well, the troubles with laptops and
FreeBSD 5.1..

What is a great laptop to buy these days? I'm kind of poor, so I cant get a
expensive one. I need a laptop with:
- a good GFX card (yes, I do play games on windows, I'll dual-boot)
- space for lots of memory (1GB)
- hopefully something faster than a 4200rpm disk. I'm considering getting a
laptop with USB2 interface and a external disk, and just use it via USB1 in
FreeBSD (since it doesnt like USB2 much, yet atleast.)

Any recommendations would be truly helpful.

Erik.