bsd-airtools and 5.1-REL

Cliff L. Biffle cbiffle at safety.net
Sun Jun 22 16:47:36 PDT 2003

On Friday 20 June 2003 01:15 pm, Marcin Kot wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get bsd-airtools to work in 5.1-release? Each time
> i try dstumbler it outputs this error:
> 'error: unable to ioctl device socket: Input/output error'. I'm using a
> orinoco wavelan silver wireless card.

The interface to the wi driver has changed.  A few ioctls, etc.  This is a
result of pulling the 802.11 code out of the wi driver and into a separate
802.11 networks layer.

I and a few others on the current- list wrote preliminary patches to get
dstumbler working, but none of us could get the full functionality.  Though,
admittedly, none of us really gave it our all....  Another fellow said he'd
gotten the program to work completely, though his patches had no effect for
me, etc.

You're more likely to get good answers about this on the current- list; mobile
in my experience is mostly -stable users.

-Cliff L. Biffle