bsd-airtools and 5.1-REL

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Sun Jun 22 07:52:15 PDT 2003

On 22 Jun 2003 at 7:25, iCe wrote:

> i have gotten bsd-airtools working with freebsd
> 4.8-release, but it doesnt seem to pick up networks
> not broadcasting ssid, so im guessing that it doesnt
> totally work yet.

Why do you conlude the above?

> i wasnt able to get my wireless card
> working at all in 5, i havent 5.1 yet but when i do
> i'll let you know.
>
> oh yeah i am using an orinoco gold card.

My gold and silver card both work with 4.8.  And with my WAP which
does not broadcast the SSID.  I have this:

$ cat /etc/start_if.wi0
#!/bin/sh
ifconfig wi0 inet 10.0.0.29 netmask 0xffffff00 \
   ssid "myssid" \
        channel MYCHANNEL
$

change myssid to your ssid, and MYCHANNEL to the channel you are
using.  You might also want to add wepmode and wepkey.  But get the
basics going first.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/