cardbus and xircom ethernet problem

Matt matt at xtaz.co.uk
Sat Jun 21 09:55:04 PDT 2003

Will Saxon said:
> Have you tried the dc driver? That is what I use on my laptop with a
> RealPort 10/100 + 56k modem (rem56g-100).
>
> You wouldnt get the modem, but the interface might work.

Yeah. After I posted that email I have done a lot of research on google
and the freebsd maillist archives. I've tried various drivers and
loader.conf settings. I have narrowed it down to a problem with the actual
cardbus controller though rather than a nic driver.

I do not have a /dev/card0 and from reading the freebsd mailing list
archives I think it's due to needing to add
hw.cbb.start_memory=<something> to the loader.conf but unfortunatly I do
not know the memory address to use. I have tried various addresses but to
no avail at the moment. Unfortunatly I do not have windows on it anymore
now and so can not see what windows is/was using.

Hopefully someone who is more familiar with this kind of thing will give
me some hints.

Regards, Matt.