Thinkpad R40 Followup ACPI/APM/AGP under 5.1

Michael Collette metrol at metrol.net
Fri Jun 20 18:35:08 PDT 2003

On Friday 20 June 2003 06:04 pm, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 04:17:21PM -0700, Michael Collette wrote:
> > Are there any other suggestions for telling that darn video card to wake
> > the heck up without having to toggle around in a circle like this?
>
> Try this in your /boot/loader.conf*:
>
> # Fix suspend/resume for graphics on T22 (Savage)
> hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=1
>
> This fixed APM suspend/resume for me on the T22. It also helped a great
> deal for the ACPI case.
>
> BMS

I put that line into /boot/device.hints which seems to work for getting the
tweak to take.  When I attempt to suspend I get the following...

acpi0: AcpiGetSleepTypeData failed - AE_NOT_FOUND

That AE error is all over the place on boot up as well.  It never does go to
suspend, just errors out.

Rebooting again with ACPI off and I can suspend without incident.  Must be
some BIOS change between our Thinkpads here.

Later on,
--
"Always listen to experts.  They'll tell you what can't be done, and why.
Then do it."