Dell 4150 & ACPI-0293: *** Warning: Buffer created with zero length in AML

Thierry Thomas thierry at pompo.net
Fri Jun 20 10:03:00 PDT 2003

Le Ven 20 jui 03 à 12:17:45 +0200, Eric Masson <e-masson at kisoft-services.com>
 écrivait :
> Hello,

> I've just installed 5.1-RELEASE on my inspiron 4150 (Bios A06, latest
> available) and I'm facing the message in subject while booting.
>
> I've googled and found references to this kind of problem but no
> solution so far.

Same problem here on an Inspiron 8200, but my googling has been more
successful => on <http://minilien.com/?KHb9gaQf1f> you'll find a patch
from Bruce Cran. This patch is for a 8500, and it does not apply cleanly
for mine... I have hacked something, but not yet tested, because I'm not
sure and it could be harmful.
--
Th. Thomas.