automatic wireless powersave

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu Jun 19 15:07:01 PDT 2003

Jesse Guardiani wrote:

Check this out.

I threw a quick little script together that
does this pretty well. See attached.

I call it from apmd.conf using this event stub:

apm_event POWERSTATECHANGE {
        exec "/etc/rc.powerstatechange";
}

Unfortunately, I've noticed that the POWERSTATECHANGE
event is tossed three or four times each time
I unplug or plug in the power cord.

This isn't really a big deal to me, but it
would be nice if I could execute a script when
the kernel changes my system profile to economy,
rather than on each POWERSTATECHANGE event.

Does anyone know if that is possible?

Thanks.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator