Support for Xircom CreditCard Bluetooth adapter?

Lukas Ertl l.ertl at univie.ac.at
Tue Jun 17 15:57:44 PDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Lukas Ertl wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
>
> > > today I got hold of a Xircom CreditCard Bluetooth adapter. When I put it
> >
> > i have the same card. this is 16550 UART based card. the sio(4) driver
> > will recognize it as serial port/modem. i can make it work with OLDCARD.
>
> Ah, this is good news. The freeze might be related to NEWCARD.

Yes, it was obviously NEWCARD. An OLDCARD kernel does not freeze anymore.

> > IMPORTANT: due to problems with sio(4) driver (buffer overrun errors even
> > under light load) you probably will not be able to use this card. bluetooth
> > H4 link *must* be reliable. i can only do very limited testing before sio(4)
> > starts complaining about buffer overrun errors and bluetooth links becomes
> > broken.
>
> Hm, I'll try it and report my experiences, thanks!

Well, it seems you're right. First of all, I'm able to connect to my Nokia
6310i and initiate a PPP dialup connection with rfcomm_pppd - this really
rocks! Windows XP wasn't even able to setup the card and install the drivers
correctly - this must be the first time that I have some hardware that
is supported by FreeBSD but not by Windows :-)

But then, after a few minutes, the connection drops :-/ - it might have to
do with what you said about sio(4), I get some messages like

sio4: 1 more silo overflow (total 2)

Is there anything I can do to assist you in debugging it?

thanks again and regards,
le

Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl at univie.ac.at
UNIX-Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)       Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
der Universität Wien                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/