LG 5350 cell phone

Sean Welch welchsm at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 17 06:54:59 PDT 2003

Are you volunteering?  ;-)

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure.  I did try to add entry but
it is certainly possible I botched it somehow (due to
unfamiliarity).

The behavior I saw suggested to me that usbdevs was assigning
a generic driver to the phone.  As long as I didn't also have
the umodem module loaded up it seemed fine -- other than being
unavailable as a modem of course.  When I loaded it up it
looked as though the modem was trying to claim the device and
usbdevs was "taking" it back somehow... or umodem was segfaulting
when trying to allocate the driver.  (Again, I claim ignorance
here)  The result was a generic allocation followed by a failed
umodem allocation followed by a reset of the phone -- then all
over again.  This continued until unplugging the phone or
unloading the umodem module.

If someone could enlighten me on this I could certainly work
on it a bit more.  At the very least I could try things for
someone else and maybe help fine tune it.  I currently have
4.7, 4.8, and -Current (dated April 12 of this year) loaded
on my laptop.  I could upgrade the -Current install this weekend
if that is where we want to work on this.

                                                      Sean