Thinkpad R40 apm fun on STABLE

Christian Brueffer chris at unixpages.org
Sat Jun 14 04:15:42 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 11:18:12AM -0700, Michael Collette wrote:

> Speaking of kernel fun, any suggestions on what all to turn on to get talking
> to the built-in wireless stuff?  Is that going to have to wait for 5-STABLE
> before it'll work?

Depends on what chip is used.  My R32 has a Prism 2.5 which works without a
problem.

> I haven't yet had a chance to dig into the modem config yet.  Are we still
> talking about a nice basic Lucent WinModem like in Thinkpads of old, or did
> IBM decide to get clever?  I know my T23 works pretty sweet, so I've got
> fingers crossed here.

Couldn't get mine to run, only a Linux binary driver exists to my knowledge.
So I guess your chances are pretty slim.

- Christian

--
Christian Brueffer	chris at unixpages.org	brueffer at FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc