Wireless SMC 2435W and 2402W

Anthony Naggs tony at ubik.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 13 04:40:45 PDT 2003

In article <20030613073541.GA57054 at prinses.sneeuwwitje.net>, Sander
Zumbrink <freebsd-mobile at zumbo.nl> writes
>Hi,
>
>Does somebody has experience with the following wireless cards?
>
>- SMC 2435W (Cardbus)
>- SMC 2402W (PCI)

These appear to be a "Turbo 802.11b 11/22 Mbps" wireless card.

>pciconf finds them but I'm not able to configure the wi interface.
>Is somebody working on developing a driver?

The only 22Mbps wireless cards seem to use TI (Texas Instruments) chips.
I believe people have previously asked TI for programming information
but not had any success.  I don't think anyone is working on a driver at
this time.  (Warner may have further information.)

Tony