FreeBSD 5.1-BETA2 (or -RC1) with IBM Thinkpad A30p !!!SOLVED!!!

Darryl Okahata darrylo at soco.agilent.com
Wed Jun 11 17:24:56 PDT 2003

"Jesse D. Guardiani" <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:

> Well, 5.1-RELEASE was released two days ago, and my IBM A30p laptop is
> now happily running FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE.

     Be thankful.  I'm having problems running 5.1-RELEASE under any
circumstances, on my IBM A31 laptop running the latest BIOS (~June 6).

     With the ACPI-enabled kernel, I get an "integer divide fault while
in kernel mode" panic during probing (right after "cbb0: Unsupported
card type detected").

     With the ACPI-disabled kernel, trying to use the built-in fxp0
device results in a weird crash: seemingly no panic, but the laptop just
turns off after a moment or two.  (Try to start dhclient, an "fxp0:
device timeout" appears after a moment, and then the laptop just turns
off after another moment.  I don't see any panic messages appear before
it turns off.)

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo at soco.agilent.com