Safely remove Cardbus/PCMCIA?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Jun 9 09:15:43 PDT 2003

In message: <1055156484.3ee46904d30bb at webmail.doomed.us>
            dan at doomed.us writes:
: After poking around in the mailing list archives and various manpages, I cant
: seem to find a solution to such a simple problem. How do you safely remove a
: cardbus or pcmcia card in 5.0? I know in 4.8 there were userland applications to
: stop/start/eject devices, but I can't seem to find anything similar in 5.0. Or
: is this an issue to be addressed in the 5.1 series?

Right now there's no way to power things off.  I'm working on a
generic solution that will let you detach any device, at your own
risk, to make it safe to remove.

Warner