suspend on ThinkPad X31 hangs

Dan Pelleg daniel+bsd at pelleg.org
Sun Jun 8 17:14:58 PDT 2003

I recently installed 4.8-RC on an IBM thinkpad X31. APM seems to work
(reporting battery status), and hibernation to a special partition
(created with the IBM tool) works. But suspend has problems resuming.

Originally, resuming from suspend would just hang. After changing
"PCI Bus Power Management" to off in the BIOS, resume seems to work ok, but
a second or two after the screen comes back, I see the message:

ad0: WRITE command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
ata0: resetting devices ..

and then the machine just locks. All of this is without X. Any ideas?

--

  Dan Pelleg