Mouse wheel

Paul paul at nuthouse.org
Tue Jun 3 08:08:13 PDT 2003

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone had had any success getting a wheel-mouse
working on their laptop. I have a Dell Inspiron w/ a MS Optical Mouse
(USB), but have not yet got the wheel working (for scrolling -- using
it to paste works just fine).

I've asked Google, and tried what I've found (ZAxisMapping option), but
had no luck. Here is the Mouse section of my XF86Config:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "MouseSystems"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Another thing... when I unplug my laptop from the mains and it goes on
to battery power, the keyboard refresh rate always becomes very
sluggish. Is there anyway to boost this up again without rebooting?

I'm using FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE if it's relevant.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

-Paul